The Best Foundation For Dry Skin At Every Coverage Level
Looking for the best foundation for dry skin?
Skim through the list below, sorted by coverage level, to find your perfect match from the hydrating and award-winning foundations for dry skin below!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
What to look for when you have dry skin
Regardless of if your skin is always dry, or you only suffer increasingly dry skin in the winter, it can really suck when makeup clings to dry patches and never looks the way you want it to.
While the guide below will help a lot with finding your perfect foundation match, generally there are a few dry skin foundation rules you should follow:
- Look for unscented foundations – Scents usually mean there is alcohol in the formula, which can worsen dry skin
- Don’t get matte formulas – Matte foundations are usually formulated to combat oily skin, just as hydrating foundations are made for dry skin. Skip the matte foundation and opt for the hydrating ones instead.
- Avoid salicylic acid and other acne fighting acids – These are usually aimed at acne prone skin, but will increase dryness and flakiness. Opt for hydrating ingredients like glycerin, vitamin E, dimethicone, and hyaluronic acid instead.
- Look for “dry skin friendly” words – Like hydrating, dewy, glowing, illuminating, radiant, water, moisturizing, etc.
Short on time?
Check out this blog post summary for the top suggestions at every coverage level and budget:
- Overall best foundation for dry skin: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk
- Best drugstore foundation for dry skin: L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow
- Best value foundation for dry skin: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
- Best foundation for dry skin full coverage: Charlotte Tilbury Magic
- Best foundation for dry skin medium coverage: Fenty Pro Filt’r
- Best foundation for dry skin light coverage: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
- Best foundation for dry mature skin: La Mer The Soft Fluid
Find what fits best within your budget & desired coverage level, but you really can’t go wrong with any of the below!
Best foundation for dry skin
Best foundation for dry skin full coverage:
1. L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24 Hour Fresh Wear Foundation
L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24 Hour Fresh Wear Foundation is an incredible medium-full buildable coverage drugstore foundation for dry skin that gives a natural and hydrated complexion.
It’s available in 40 shades, blends easily, lasts all day, has SPF 25, and is sweat, water & transfer resistant.
2. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream
IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream has hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, vitamins, hydrolyzed collagen, and SPF 50 which makes it the perfect hydrating and anti-aging foundation for dry skin.
It was created by dermatologists and a plastic surgeon, so you know this foundation is packed with amazing ingredients!
3. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation
It only takes a little bit of this foundation to get a full and beautiful coverage, while still looking natural and feeling weightless on the skin.
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation is packed with hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and dimethicone, which keep dry skin moisturized, and looks AMAZING in pictures!
Best foundation for dry skin medium coverage:
4. Fenty Pro Filt’r Hydrating Longwear Foundation
Say goodbye to dry skin with Fenty Pro Filt’r Hydrating Longwear Foundation!
Grapeseed oil and sodium hyaluronate hydrate skin and can be paired with Fenty’s Pro Hydrating Primer for an added moisture boost.
This foundation is also sweat and humidity resistant, long-lasting, and gives a medium buildable coverage with a natural, your skin but better, finish.
What’s most impressive is that there are 50 shades to choose from, so you’re bound to find your perfect match!
5. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is SO POPULAR and for good reason!
This is also my foundation of choice, because I love the silky (but not too glowy) finish and medium-full buildable coverage that covers my imperfections well without feeling heavy on the skin.
Choose from 30 shades and check out this amazing foundation ASAP!
RELATED POST: 19 Best Drugstore Foundation Dupes: Look Beautiful & Save Money
6. Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation
Make Up For Ever’s Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation has hyaluronic acid to moisturize dry areas and is well-loved by those with dry skin (check out the 9,000+ rave reviews on Sephora!).
This liquid foundation comes in 50 shades and gives medium buildable coverage & a hydrating and beautiful glowy finish.
7. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation has glycerin, which moisturizes the skin and prevents moisture loss, as well as vitamin C and turmeric extract to get rid of discoloration and even out skin tone.
It comes in 40 shades, gives medium buildable coverage, and a natural & healthy finish.
8. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation comes in 35 shades and is formulated with coconut water, alpine rose and hyaluronic acid which quench dry and dehydrated skin.
Because of these ingredients, it’s great for those with very dry skin and rosacea and gives a buildable medium-full coverage with a dewy finish.
9. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation
L’Oreal true Match Lumi Foundation is one of the best affordable foundations for dry skin, because its formulated with 40% water to keep skin hydrated all day, includes vitamins C and E, and has the added protection of SPF 20.
This your-skin-but-better foundation gives a medium coverage, a luminous finish, and is very long lasting!
10. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation
This is by far the most popular hydrating drugstore foundation for dry skin and I use it all the time as well!
It gives the perfect dewy finish that makes you look like you’re healthy and glowing from within and the buildable light to medium coverage is perfect for hiding imperfections while never feeling heavy.
Bonus: It contains SPF 15!
RELATED POST: 6 Unbelievable Drugstore Bronzer Dupes To Save You Money
11. La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation
If you’re looking for the best foundation for dry mature skin, then look no further than La Mer’s The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation.
The luxurious formula of La Mer’s popular “Miracle Broth” is loaded with antioxidants and hydration that is unmatched for dry mature skin especially.
It blends beautifully, gives a buildable medium coverage, and has a stunning satin finish that makes this foundation worth every penny!
Best foundation for dry skin light coverage:
12. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
Treat your skin and get hydrated with the tamarind seed extract, macadamia, and kukui seed oil in Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer.
If you’re looking for the perfect light, dewy finish with SPF 30, that is loved by the likes of Nina Dobrev and Meghan Markle, then order this now!
This skincare and makeup hybrid comes in 20 shades and has thousands of five star reviews for its flawless and natural no makeup finish.
13. Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation
Maybelline’s Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation is super affordable, extremely highly rated and is another one of the best drugstore foundations for dry skin.
It has dimethicone, vitamin E, and glycerin to smooth skin and retain moisture and provides a light to medium coverage with a luminous finish and SPF 18.
14. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint Foundation
Last, but certainly not least, Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint Foundation is the best value foundation for dry skin.
This water-gel formula with hyaluronic acid and glycerin is great for dry skin looking for natural, light coverage and has also won a Best of Beauty award for its popularity.
Not a fan of foundation?
Then this is perfect for you because it’s so lightweight you’ll barely feel it on your face at all!
I hope this helped you find the best foundation for your dry skin!
If you use & agree that one of the above suggestions is the best foundation for dry skin then let me know!
Or if you tried any out for the first time because of this post, I’d love for you to share your experience with others in the comment section below.
Lastly, if you have another suggestion that you believe should be added to this list, then let me know as well 🙂
Please also don’t forget to pin this post if you enjoyed this list and want to reference it later!